A Family for God

A way to stay connected...

Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl and Commercials to boot




Last night while most people in the United States sat behind their TV to watch the Super Bowl (some 97.5 million people according to ESPN), most people in Vienna slept because the game did not start until 12:20 AM this morning. However, in the Hensal basement, with the help of technology (Slingbox) and my father-in-law, four of us (well, really three - Jake, Ira, Kim - for a half, and I) enjoyed the Super Bowl and its commercials. While the Giants made it a game to remember, the first-time event of watching the Super Bowl in Vienna with great friends (we did miss Brian) made it a special memory I will carry with me for a long time.
Not only did my wife help get ready for the Super Bowl (snacks, house, etc.), she watched part of the first half with us. Even sweeter than that, she dropped the kids off at school and let me sleep later with Cotter (since the game didn't end until after 4:00 AM). I definitely enjoyed the evening and want to thank my father-in-law Mark, the guys, and my wife for making it a great time.

3 comments:

How cool!
 
Nice setup with the slingbox.

I see Manner or Vanner on the table, can't remember how it is spelled. Pretty tasty. Do you know the brand of chocolate over there that comes in a blue wrapper I believe...has everything from fruit & nuts to other odd things in it? If you haven't tried their flavor Shocko Keks (spelling, can't remember), you must try. It was our favorite. Talk to you later.
 
The Slingbox worked pretty well; there were still times when it was blurry, but it was pretty cool to see it live with the commercials and American commentators.

We did enjoy the Manners. I'm not sure what chocolate you are thinking of - maybe Milka or Ritter Sport?